We are currently seeking a full-time Store Manager for our Byward Market location.
As Store Manager, you will support the store owners with a focus on customer satisfaction, achieving sales targets, merchandising standards, store operations, and the training and development of store associates.
Milk is proud to be one of Ottawa's go-to destinations for women's clothing and accessories. In our current two-story Byward Market location, we continue to outfit women of all generations and build long-term relationships with our loyal clients. We believe it's not only our merchandise, but the unique shopping experience we provide, which has kept our customers coming back for over 10 years. A big part of that success has always been the people who work here, which is why we continuously strive to make this a great place to work.
- Ensuring an excellent level of customer service is a priority at all times
- Being a strong brand ambassador through knowledge and understanding of our merchandise
- Assisting the owners in recruiting, selecting, and retaining high quality store associates
- Assisting the owners in all merchandising, marketing, and visual presentation aspects of the store
- Managing the operations of the store in the absence of the owners
- Store opening and closing procedures
- Receiving and processing of store merchandise
- Ensuring overall cleanliness and organization of the sales floor and stock room
- Maintaining a safe store environment for our staff members and customers
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Creating and executing strategies to maximize store sales and control expenses
- Ensuring the compliance of all store policies and procedures
- Must have at least 2 years of retail management experience in the apparel industry
- Strong communication skills; bilingual skills preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to motivate a team
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong visual merchandising skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Proficient computer skills including retail POS software, Excel, and various social media platforms
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, will require evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Capacity to stand for long periods and maneuver around sales floor and stock room
Please review all duties and requirements before applying.
Send your resume and cover letter with the subject line, "Store Manager" to info @ milkshop . ca
We’d like to thank everyone who applies, but we can only contact applicants who are short-listed.