SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN
Founded in 2005, Milk Shop is an independently run women's boutique in the heart of the Byward Market. We offer a diverse range of apparel, jewelry and accessories. Finding inspiration both locally and internationally, we stock our store with what we love.
The Social Media Coordinator will play an active role in maintaining Milk's online presence on various social media platforms by assisting in creating and publishing content to build greater brand awareness.
They will regularly research, analyze and report on the activity on social media networks as well as the Milk website with the goal of increasing consumer acquisition and retention.
They will reach out to communities and outside vendors/partners to promote events or sales through the various social media platforms.
- Finding articles, stories, or other content that is interesting and relevant to our customer base and posting on our Facebook and Twitter page in a manner that invites conversation and interaction.
- Update Facebook with current and relevant photos or other content from Milk's products or events.
- Contributing interesting and relevant content to our Instagram
- Respond to posts or comments to bring value to user's interactions with Milk
- Grow Milk's online social media networks by increasing fan base and interactions.
- Maintain current information on various websites.
QUALIFICATIONS, ATTRIBUTES & EXPERIENCE:
- Student majoring in marketing, advertising or communications desired
- Experience with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Snapchat
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to communicate and maintain a professional demeanor
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Strong Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator skills
- Photography and Graphic Design skills preferred
- Highly organized and task oriented
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Available to work 10-15 hours per week
Please email email@example.com with the following information:
- Cover letter letting us know why you want to be our Social Media Coordinator
- Links to personal website and social media accounts
- 3 references